IIC is looking for 6 participants + 1 group leader to take part in the “Art of Ricyling” youth exchange in Moravske Toplice, Slovenia from 8.05.2017 to 17.05.2017.
Working language: English
Participants at Youth exchange: 6 young people (18-30 years) + 1 group leader (no age limit) from each country
Summary of the Project:
We believe that the theme of environmental protection and innovative solutions for the reuse of
the waste is very important for young people today. It is important that young people are aware of what the current quantities of waste that we all created together, represent for future generations. Together we will develop innovative ideas for reducing waste and processing of waste products and materials
Project Art of Recycling will consist of two activities, namely the preparatory visit and youth exchange.
The youth exchange will take place in Moravske Toplice, Slovenia and will bring together young
people from six European countries: Slovenia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Spain, Italy and Croatia.
Project will enable young people to come up with creative and innovative strategies for reducing, reusing and recycling garbage and waste. Participants will try to change the image of the garbage and waste in the eyes of society. The theme of the project and its implementation is particularly important for some partner countries, where waste and general environmental problem, is a big problem. Recycling is not widespread enough, in fact, insufficient, and does not have the same social importance in all EU countries.
At the same time addressing the situation and possible solutions to reduce and recycle waste, we will also discuss issues related with refugee crisis. It is important to be aware that the refugees and immigrants may not have the same awareness and attitudes towards waste and the processing of waste.
Methods of work will be in the form of non-formal education and learning of practical work. The project will be covering various topics such as the effects of waste on the environment, opportunities for waste minimization, show some innovative approaches to recycling and processing of waste.
We will also visit local companies that design innovative products out of waste. This will be followed by creative workshops that will come up with new meanings and uses of waste.
ACTIVITIES / PROGRAMME
• Name games, know each other, ice breakings, trust games…
• Presentations of countries and organizations
• Erasmus+ Program and Youth Pass tools
• Reflection groups: There will be times every day to prepare the Youth Pass and reflect about the daily activities, skills, attitudes and knowledge.
• Evaluations: time every morning for a short evaluation about the previous day (feelings,
activities, stuff, etc.) We will plan enough time for a final evaluation in order to know how the full experience was and prepare the Youth Pass.
• Intercultural dinner after the first day activity. Every team should bring some typical food or/and drink specialties from their Country.
• Recycling workshops.
• Trip to Murska Sobota and visit to local companies.
• Visit of Spa center Terme3000 in Moravske Toplice and free afternoon for swimming.
IMPORTANT: bring swimsuits and towels!
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
• Age: 18 –30
• 6 young participants from each country plus 1 group leader –> total 7 participants
• Please, try to keep gender balance in your group! 3 girls, 3 boys!
• Erasmus+ is a program that supports disadvantaged young people. So we want to open our Project also for these young people. The accommodation is not suitable for people in wheelchairs, but all other impairments are welcome. If you have a young person in your group with any disability please let us know so that we can make any preparations.
• English is our working language, but it is not obligation. We will have some meetings and discussions so it will be recommended at least basic knowledge or translation into your groups. Don´t be afraid of language! We will find the way to solve it!
• People who are interested in the topic.
• Young people who share the volunteering spirit.
• Young, motivated, nice, cheerful, smiling participants and good mood!!
Each participant will receive a Youthpass, which:
• Certificate of non-formal education (you will take part on an educational activity)
If you are interested to participate please send us your CV to the following emails until 31 March:
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com