Seminar / Conference
5-11 July 2016 | La Seu d’Urgell, Pyrenees, Spain
The project will consist of laboratory of experiences, debates, exploration of empathy through reading workshops, establishing background for future cooperation and elaboration of a final ‘product’- a brochure that will include all the workshops created and performed by the participants of the project.
The method of work will be based on non-formal education, using games, open spaces, team-building activities in order to create a positive environment for exchange of experiences, practices and new creations. All workshops will be open to youth workers, trainers, educators and volunteers of Alt Urgell interested in theatre as a tool for social change, in order to spread the successful practice of theatre.
Objectives of the course:
– Exchange information about power of theatre as a tool in social change, demonstrating it through examples of specific work performed by participants in their organizations: methods and experience.
– Offer to participants space of support, motivation and improvement of the espects of their work for its maximum efficiency.
– Demonstrate the importance of empathy (as a basic attitude in youth work), exploring theatre plays and their meaning.
– Provide insight into connection between academy and practice.
– Improve communication and future collaboration between European organizations that use theatre as a tool in social change.
For more information, please click the following link –