The Anna Lindh Foundation is organising a Regional Training for Trainers on Intercultural Citizenship Education in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The training is addressed to educators in the formal and non-formal education sector.
The training is based on the capacity building methodology on intercultural dialogue developed by a team of experts coordinated by the Anna Lindh Foundation having as main educational reference the Anna Lindh Foundation Education Handbook on Intercultural Citizenship in the Euro-Med region.
The training will be carried out in English, but the team of trainers includes French and Arabic speakers who can support participants who are not fully proficient in English.
The training is scheduled for 5 days, from 25 November to 1 December (including traveling dates) in Nicosia, Cyprus. Following the face-to-face training, educators should commit to organise educational activities in their respective communities and will be accompanied in this process through a mentorship scheme by the trainers.
Candidatures should be send before 5 October at 17h (Egypt time) to the following address
Participants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- being an educator;
- work in the formal or non-formal education sectors;
- work with young peopl;
- are able to organise and conduct training for other groups;
- are familiar with non-formal education pedagogical approaches.
Additionally, participants should:
- have developed projects for intercultural citizenship education, orhave been involved in projects for intercultural citizenship education, and
- have worked on issues related to intercultural citizenship education (e.g. diversity, identify, citizenship, active participation, intercultural dialogue, etc.) and
- be committed to organise educational activities in 2020 in their country and with the ALF network as part of the training and as follow-up to it